– including a new edition of last year’s christmas project – and possibly the last because by now, the fabric is all gone. I had to make the lining of two of the hats from different fabric already:
– also a variation of my daughter’s christening bonnet, this time without cathedral windows and made from baby corduroy lined with orange cotton:
– and a tiny bonnet for a little baby boy:
And the best thing about all these? I did not buy one inch of fabric for them. I just used what I had left over from previous projects and I love the fact that I haven’t kept all this in vain!
Have a great week,
My daughter was christened lately, and of course, this was the perfect occasion to make something a little more festve for her. I decided againsta traditional christening gown, though, and adapted a rather easy dress-pattern from ottobre design. I added some length, an extra musselin-layer and a little rickrack. I also wanted to make a bonnet for her and searched forever for a pattern until I stumbled upon a book called „Patchwork for Baby“ in the library, which featured a christening gown and bonnet – perfect! I adapted the pattern, using rickrack again, but kept the beautiful cathedral windows from the original. It was my first try on that particular type of patchwork – I love the way it turned out, though:
The blue-and-white fabric is a mixture of kapok and cotton – beautifully light and soft. And since my son has not nearly profitted enough from his mother’s sewing, I made a shirt for him from very similar fabric, only differently patterned:
Hope you like these!
PS: Hats up next…